Ranked #2. Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado $28.50 (0.5oz)
Creamy texture infused with avocado, carrot extract and shea butter.
Ranked #3. Lancome Genefique Eye Youth Activating Concentrate $60 (0.5oz)
Macy’s Best in Beauty Winner; CEW 2010 Finalist
*Surveyed 79 products from 7 retail websites in July, 2012.
- Key ingredients include Mukurossi extract (derived from the soap nut tree), which suppresses wrinkle-inducing enzymes.
- Burnet extract revitalize cells and counteracts loss of firmness.
- Shiseido’s signature Super Bio-Hyaluronic Acid N provides intense moisture while Hydroxyproline promotes collagen production.
“This eye cream really works!”
“Super moisturizing. best eye cream…tried other expensive eye creams but this one is best so far. Love it.”
“I love Shiseido products for the simple reason that they work! The texture is so creamy and smooth and sinks into the skin…hydrating it all day. I highly recommend this eye cream!”
Ingredients: Water, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Butylene Glycol, Paraffin, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Squalane, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Glutamate, Sodium PCA, Dipropylene Glycol, Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Sapindus Mukurossi Peel Extract, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sanguisorba Officinals Root Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydroxyproline, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, BHT.
- Avocado Oil is derived from the fruit of a tropical American tree. A rich, fatty-acid emollient known to be the most moisturizing of any fruit oil. It is also a natural source of Amino Acid proteins, Vitamins A, D, E, and potassium. Avocado oil restores the natural moisture of the skin.
- Beta-Carotene is a naturally derived antioxidant predominantly found in carrots. It is used in Vitamin A production.
- Shea Butter is the natural fat obtained from the fruit of African Karate tree. Widely used in lotions and cleansing products for its hydrating properties, it protects skin from dehydration and restores skin’s suppleness.
“Absorbs quickly and conditions the skin…perfectly moisturized, but not greasy…does not interfere with eye makeup.”
“Creamy on the skin, then it turns to silk. Keeps the fine lines and wrinkles at bay all day! Love it.”
“Use serums or more concentrated eye creams as a base, then add this product to seal in the moisture.”
Ingredients: Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Ozokerite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Retinyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Beta-Carotene
This is a new product from the popular anti-aging Lancome Genefique line, entering our top 3 for the first time. It is a perfect gel-cream that serves well as a day-time eye cream. This product hydrates and helps alleviate dark circles and signs of fatique. Genefique is equipped with 10 years of research and 7 patents to its name, marketed to see visibly younger skin in 7 days with product applied twice a day.
- Bifida Ferment Lysate conditions skin. It is the main element in both Lancome Genefique and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair.
- Sodium Hyaluronate boosts water absorption and moisture retention.
“Fading my dark circles.”
“I have used this product for the past year & I find it very effective…eye area is well hydrated. I highly recommend it.”
“From the lower end Clinique and Origins to ReVive. This is a 9 on a scale of 10. I can only say that you get more then what you should pay for with this product!”
“Hydrating without being sticky or shiny. It glides on easily and leaves your under eye area looking smooth and rested.”
“Helps with fine lines and dark circles AND keeps the undereye moist enough to dab concealer on.”
Ingredients: Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Edta, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate.